We are looking for new members of the team who share the same standards of exemplary care as we do. We have a person-centred attitude to care and look after the wellbeing of the whole individual, not just their care needs.
We have the below positions available at the moment, for more information please read on!
NURSES | 24 HOURS P/W
We're seeking to recruit Registered Nurses to join our friendly team. Our purpose built care home has been finished to an exceptionally high standard to ensure our residents are in a relaxed and 'homely' environment.
The principal responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident's individual needs
- Ensure and maintain a satisfactory standard of care
- Supervise care and domestic staff, giving advice and guidance as required
- Report to the Care Home Manager and, in their absence, Deputy Care Home Manager on matters related to residents care
- Communicate with staff, residents, relatives, visitors and other professionals in order to ensure a co-ordinated approach to residents care
- Observe home procedures for the safe handling, administration, and storage of medical products
- Be aware of the need for personal development and continuing education
- Participate in and contribute to in-service training and orientation programmes
- Assist with the planning of staff, on duty rotas and annual leave to maintain a stable team
- Assist Care Home Manager/Deputy Home Manager in the continual appraisal of staff, giving advice and guidance as required, maintaining a regular appraisal system and encourage career development
- Advise Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager of any significant changes or incidents within the home
- Stand in for Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager as required, following the appropriate orientation
- Comply with all home policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment for the residents and staff
All applicants must have a genuine interest in working with the elderly and either be qualified RGN or ready to revalidate – the management team is happy to assist with the revalidation process. Exemplary communication skills are essential and applicants must be able to communicate on a variety of levels in fluent English. DBS checks also apply to this role. In return, you will become part of an experienced and dedicated team led by management who really care about our residents and our staff. Personal development is actively encouraged at Struan Lodge with many of our team gaining professional qualifications obtained through development in the home.
Experience in care for the elderly and previous supervisory experience would be advantageous for this role but is not essential.
Part-Time, night shift positions are available for this post, and it includes a first-class working environment with a motivated and enthusiastic team - a competitive rate of pay will be discussed in the interview.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch for more information or if you would like to apply please email your CV to